Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 3: Beach Glass

Today, My Grandma and Auntie Di took me out further down country towards the ocean. It was a lot of fun. We drove around for probably close to an hour trying to find this place called "beach glass creations." After we finally found it, we went in and looked around. The store was in a light house, right beside the ocean. The main floor of the light house was just the store. It was really neat because everything was in glass cases, and there were people in another room painting things on beach glass to put on a necklace. on the upper levels was a museum. It had all sorts of things that had been washed up on shore, including glass, pearls, shells, and Clay pipes. It was really neat. I ended up buying a nice ring. It has a chunk of green beach glass on it and it is wrapped in decorative silver wire. its really pretty.
Once we were finished in the light house, we went and walked on the beach for a while and picked up shells, pieces of beach glass and rocks. I have a bag full of them to bring home for my friends and family as gifts.
Once we finished that, we started heading home. The ride home was a lot l
onger than the ride there, despite the fact that we actually knew where we were going. Auntie Di and I were going nuts with the cameras. We would stop every couple of minuets for probably 10, just so we could get a good shot. It was a lot of fun...until my camera ran out of batteries. But it was still fun either way.
When we finally finished venturing with our cameras, we stopped at a restaurant to eat. I had the best lesugnua ( I know I spel
t that wrong but its the stuff thats piled with cheese and noodles and tomatoe sauce and hamburger in a larg dish then baked)
We got back to Grammies house and now, every one is in the kitchen playing cards again!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelsea,

    That's a really full day! My wife Lin and I like to spend a lot of time at the beach looking for stuff, and we got into picking up sea glass...well, actually she got into it and I thought she was crazy, but now I'm hooked into it to.

    Check out our web site - 200 pages on SEA GLASS!

    David and Lin

    ReplyDelete