Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 1: Shopping

Today, I got up at 10:30. I had originally planned on getting up at 8:00. I didn't want to spent my whole time out here sleeping when I could be spending time with my family. Yesterday night, My cosin Robyn came over. It was really nice to see her. She asked me if I wanted to come to the mall with her and her friend Taylor. I agreed. At about 11:30, Robyn texted me around11:30 telling me that she and her parents were going to pick me up at noon! I was getting excited because I was going to get to spend some time with my cousin.
We went from store to store, just looking at things. I was trying to save my money because it was only my first day out here. By the time we hit Clair's, I hadn't yet spent any of my money, other than the $20 I spent in the air port on books. While walking through Clair's, I was just picking random things off the shelf. I had like...3 cellphone Charms, 3 packages of earrings, a pair of pink tweezers and a set of friendship necklaces for ma and my bff Angele. I went to pay for everything that I had picked out and my total came to like...$50.75. It was nuts. I was like...yeah, lets take this and this and this out. I ended up walking out of the store with the tweezers, the necklaces and one cell phone charm. Once we finished in Clair's, we went to get lunch. I had subway while Taylor and Robyn had KFC. KFC is wayyy too Greece for me, so I don't normally eat there. By the end of the day, I ended up with $15 left in my wallet. All I had for the whole wee was $80, by I honestly thought that it would take me more than one trip to spend that amount. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment